AvaCon is a two-day online conference hosted annually by Sisterhood of Avalon on the first weekend of April.
The goal of AvaCon is to create a space where women from all around the world can join together online and become immersed in women’s community while exploring aspects of the Avalonian Tradition. Hosted by the SOA’s Council of Nine as a fundraiser for their triennial service retreat, the first AvaCon took place in 2015, and continues to grow and evolve each year.
We invite all women to join us each year for a weekend packed with thought-provoking panel discussions facilitated by our Sisters, and rich presentations from members of SOA leadership – including a keynote presentation from our Morgen and founder, Jhenah Telyndru, and a workshop from an SOA Council of Nine member. AvaCon also provides opportunities for attendees to ask questions of our panelists, socialize with each other, and participate in fun community-building events.
If you want to get more of an idea about the wonderful knowledge-sharing and discussion that goes on, past recordings of AvaCon can be found on Bandcamp for purchase:
- AvaCon 2016 Recordings
- AvaCon 2017 Recordings
- AvaCon 2018 Recordings
- AvaCon 2019 Recordings
- AvaCon 2020 Recordings
- AvaCon 2021 Recordings
- AvaCon 2022 Recordings
Frequently Asked Questions about AvaCon:
- Q: How much do I have to donate?
- A: A conference of this type can run hundreds of dollars, but we want to reach as many women as possible, so that is why we offer tickets on a sliding scale donation. We do ask that you are as generous as you can financially be, as the weekend is an amazing resource, and you get the recordings as well! If you can give more to make up for another sister who can only give a little, please do! We find it all balances out in the end! Because our ticketing system, Eventbrite, charges us fees, we do ask that your donation not be lower than $5 in order to accommodate that.
- Q: I am only free one day of the weekend – can I still attend?
- A: Absolutely! The conference is not sequential (though we do tend to find a theme naturally births out of the weekend and weaves through all the panels) so you can jump in anytime, to any panel or workshop. Come in and out as your schedule allows!
- Q: I’m a part of an SOA hearth – can we donate as one since we will be watching together?
- A: We love hearth viewing parties, so yes! Just specify in the payment note which hearth it is for and the main contact’s email address (usually the hearth mother). We ask that you please keep your donation appropriate to the amount of women attending.
- Q: If I register for AvaCon, do I get the recordings for any panels I might not be able to attend?
- A: Yes, the panel recordings are included in your registration. Please keep in mind that recordings can take several weeks to become available after the weekend is over.